Sunday, January 11, 2015

It SNOWED! - December 31, 2014

Hello!

So, Happy New Year! I hope Christmas break is going well! I was so happy to see you guys for skype! I love you all! 

So, last P-day was a shortened one because it was Christmas Eve and we had two different appointments. One with a woman named Antuanet, who is super brava and awesome and another with two women named Gaia and Giovanna and their nonmember friend. It was pretty fun and we were really getting into the holiday spirit.

Christmas Eve party hats


Pokémon stocking from Sister Carter
Then for Christmas, we watched the Lego movie in the morning with the anziani. We pushed all of the couches in the church together and set up the projectors and watched it like that. It was so much fun. We had a Christmas lunch with the ward mission leader, and like I said, I was literally in pain afterwards becuase they made us eat so much. But his wife had invited all of her relatives from down south who aren't members, so it was a good experience. 

Friday, we saw another family who are from the Philippines and it was fun. They have a karaoke machine and thousands of songs, so we rocked with them for a little while. Then the next day, It SNOWED!! It was so beautiful and unexpected and fun.



Sorella Carter enjoying the snow
We saw Lydia and Romeo, who are also from the Phillipines. They are so sweet and awesome. Lydia told me off for not dressing properly for the snow, and actually I've had to start putting on extra layers, even if I'm not cold, because all of the people are getting upset and telling me I'm going to catch a cold and die. Ah, well. Anywho, Lydia made me wear her scarf and hat when we left because she was worried about me.

"Filipino families always send us home with super good food!"
Also, Saturday night, both sets of Anziani had a baptism. One was a kid from a less active family that one set had been helping and teaching. The other was a man who the other anziani had been working with for awhile, so it was super cool to see. 

Monday, we went to a member's house and she had a friend over who has a really intense story. This man was an investigator a year ago and had actually had a baptisimal date, but he was born Muslim and once he started getting serious about the church, he started being threatened if he left his religion. He ended up not being able to get baptized because it was too dangerous. Unfortuantely, that's a fairly common thing to happen here, and the church tells people to not be baptized if their lives are in danger. But we saw this man and he still has so much faith and hope. We gave a little spiritual thought and he seemed so bravo. I hope one day he'll get the chance to be baptized, but even if he doesn't in this life, I know that Heavenly Father knows his heart and mind and his desire to follow the Savior. This former investigator is just so amazing. 

Anyways, yesterday, we did a scambio all day with the sorelle from Mugio, and they are so awesome. They both came to Milano and we had a ton of fun and a day packed with lessons. Also, I got my package yesterday! Thanks so much mom! I love everything and my collega and I think the Frozen pajamas are pretty awesome. Thanks! It was a lot of fun to open!

The Christmas presents were a little late, but still appreciated.
Also, the Mugio Sorelle got to stay the night and stay with us for P-day, so we went and did a little shopping and I bought a new scarf and some boots for myself for Christmas! Today, we have to be inside by 5 because Italy can get a little crazy at New Year's, but we're going to have a fun night and celebrate missionary style! 

Well, I think that's it for now! I hope you have fun in Utah and have an awesome New Year's. I love you all so much and am so grateful for your support and love! Vi voglio bene! 
Love, Sorella Snow


No comments:

Post a Comment