Sunday, January 11, 2015

I love the people here! - January 7, 2015

Hey, everyone! 

So, first off, Happy Birthday Mom! It sounds like it was an awesome day! I love you! 

Wow, that was a crazy story about Andrew! I'm glad everything is okay! It's amazing, seeing the power of prayer in our lives, I'm fortunate enough to get to see it very often here!

Wow, this has been a seriously insane week! The Sorelle from Muggio ended up staying the night last P-day to finish out our scambio since it had been interrupted by P-day and we ended up having an awesome time! First of all, Italy has no rules or laws about fireworks. Literally, none. Anyone can buy them in the store. So we saw people in our apartment complex shooting fireworks out of their living room window on New Years Eve. Also, for almost a week before and a week after New Year's, people have been shooting off fireworks every night still to celebrate, so that's been crazy. So, Sorella Carter and I had bought some sparklers and what we thought were little poppers to celebrate, but the sparklers didn't work and the poppers were actually firecrackers. The Muggio Sorelle lit some of them and it was pretty fun. It was a great night! 

The next day we went to a little lunch party at a member's house, and it was pretty fun! They're Filipino and had invited some other Filipino and South American friends, so there were four different languages being spoken, English, Tagalog, Spanish, and Italian. 

Friday, Sorella Carter had consiglio for the STL's and Zone Leaders, so I had another scambio with Sorella Hawks! It's pretty funny, we thought we would never see each other again after the MTC, but at least for now, we see each other all the time. We also had another Sorella with us who had been hit with a car the day before (she's fine!) and needed to rest her leg, because it was a little hurt. So, it was a pretty chill day and we just did Area Book and studies and waited for the land lord to come and fix our washing machine (which means I had to talk to him in Italian about our washing machine. Believe me it was an experience!) Anywho, it was cool to see Sorella Hawks again! That night we went to a member's house and she ended up feeding us. It was really good food, but was enough for 3 people to be full. And we had to eat it all. We were hurting. 

Saturday night, we saw an American sister who lives in our ward and her mom, they're super awesome and it was fun to talk in English :). She has a cuper cute baby and we were jealous that we weren't allowed to hold her. At the end, I had to give a prayer in English and it was really hard. I almost morphed into Italian 10 different times. We're encouraged to give all of our prayers in Italian, even our personal ones, so I only ever pray in English now with members or investigators who speak it better than Italian. 

Sunday, a member brought a friend to church with her, and Sorella Carter was able to sit next to her and make an appointment to see her this week, so we're super excited and hope it'll work out! Also, on Sunday, we had to fill up the baptismal font for the Busto missionaries because they had a baptism for an excommunicated member who was being rebaptized. So, I saw Sorella Hawks again! 

Monday, We had Zone Training so we got to see our entire zone (so Sorella Hawks once again :)). It was good to see everyone. That night we saw a less active family and they were just so amazing! I'd never met them before, but I could see how great they were. Their home just felt like the home of an LDS family and their little kids knew how to pray, so we hope we'll be able to help them become fully active in the church. 

Tuesday, we saw Lydia and Romeo again! They are just such amazing people! Lydia had SpiderMan 3 on when we came in and she wasn't understanding the plot so she asked if we'd ever seen it so I explained what it was about to her. She made the best little comments when I explained something she didn't like, she would just shout BUT I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY. She's really funny.

It was just an amazing week! I love the people here and I'm excited to start a new year! I'm so happy to be serving my Lord. 

I love you all and I hope you have an amazing week! 

Love, Sorella Snow 

No comments:

Post a Comment