Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Abandon ship...or bus - December 10, 2014

Hey, everyone!

So, yet another awesome week! Last Wednesday, after email, we went to Lago (Lake) Como for about an hour, It was already dark out, but it was so beautiful!

In Como, they project Christmas images onto the buildings at night, like moving falling snow flakes or trees! It was so beautiful! 

Then that night, I had a Scambio with Sorella Warnke, from Germany. We were in Lampugnano for that one, so I was in charge and it was kinda terrfiying. Thankfully, we didn't get lost, probably because I spent every other second praying for help. But,anywho, the next day, still on scambio, on the way to one member's house, our bus and a car side scraped each other and the bus stopped on the side of the road and the two drivers were in an argument until another bus came along and we abandoned ship (or bus ,)). So, that was pretty intense. And then, at the end of that lesson, the sister always tells us to choose some fruit to take home, so Sorella Warnke, picked up one fruit and then a minute later said that she had something stuck in her hand, so she handed the fruit to me to hold, and the Sister we were visiting comes up and tells us it's a cactus fruit and I realize that we both now have a million little teeny pricks stuck in our hand. So, that wasn't fun. All I could think of was when Mason tried to pick up a cactus when he was younger. So, we spent the rest of the day finding little pricks in our hands. Oh, well. Then later that day, we were sprinting to catch a bus and we missed it, but it turned out to be a blessing, because there was a lady at the bus stop who'd met the anziani but hadn't had time to talk to them and wanted some more info about our English course, so that was really cool. 

Then Friday, we met with one investigator family (a woman, her son, and her compagno (a person you live with without being married)) and we set baptism dates with them! We're so excited! We hope that we'll be able to help them out. We set the Bap date for kinda far out becasue we'll have to help them get married and we still have a lot to teach, but we have a lot of faith it will work out!

Saturday, we practiced a song we were going to sing in Sacrament meeting the next day. The anziani and Sorella Carter told me I have a black voice :) Also, we got transfer calls. I'm staying in Lampugnano, and my next companion is, drum roll... Sorella Carter! Seriously. There's another Sorella Carter in the mission and she's my new collega. And she's also dying. She's only going to be with me for one transfer and then she's done and she's going home. They call it killing a person when you're their comp when they go home. So I'll be killing two Sorella Carters. Kinda funny when you think about it. So, yeah, I'll have to introduce her to the area and try and know everything, so I'm a little nervous, but it'll all be ok. 

Sunday, we saw that one family again, the half African, half Italian one, and they are so cool! I hope we'll be able to see them again soon! I have pictures of them somewhere, I'll have to send them if I haven't yet.

Monday, we had a zone training, which was fun and exciting. I saw some of the people from my MTC zone and we got to hear the dying testimonies of missionaries going home (wow, we're so morbid, with all of the death and dying terminology).

Tuesday, we had FHE with the ward and it was super fun. We played missionary tag, and since missionaries can't really have physical contact with people of the other sex, girls would hold onto the elder's ties. I think they were almost strangled a few times, but they're okay! ;) Then some of the Young Women sang to Anziano O'Riordan and Sorella Carter since they're going home. It was really sweet. Oh, and I almost forgot, we got a call yesterday from the zone leaders, and I guess my new collega can't come to Milano for a few days, so I'm going to be in a threesome with another coppia from another area until next Monday! Woohoo! I'll get to experience being a threesome for a few days. One of the Sorelle I'll be with is super new, just got here.

Ok, answers to questions. We're trying to use Facebook as a tool through the members, getting them to post stuff, but we can't use it unless we ever get ipads(which I want so bad!) Christmas is awesome for the mission, because everyone is traditionally Catholic, so they love it and love the nativity. It's good for starting conversations and hopefully for reaching out to less actives. We're trying to commit them to come to church for Christmas. Oh, and I keep on seeing nativites and thinking of Mom, but I'm restraining myself at least until my second Christmas! Yeah, we watch He's the Gift (Egli รจ il dono) in Italian, and also in English, becasue we have some Filipino families and often they speak English better then Italian becasue they all learn it in their schools in the Philippines.
Sorella Carter showing a typical Italian Christmas ad...it's all about the pasta!
Well, I think that's it for now! I love you guys so much and I'm getting so excited to celebrate the birth of our Savior this Christmas! Lots of Love! 

Love, Sorella Snow
 
 
Kim and Sorella Carter with some member families:



 

No comments:

Post a Comment